cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik on the go app for smart tv

kerrso
Just Moved In

Firstly, Hi to all. Just joined the neighborhood tonight , see if I could get an answer but after around 3 hours )) of trolling interesting topics , I thought I should just ask and get some sleep. I just got an LG smart tv for another room, making it 4 tv's in house but only 3 optik boxes. Was looking in the LG store to see if On the go app was available but no. I take it I either have to stream to the LG using Miracast, smartshare,chromecast etc, or buy another box. would have to be wireless though as no outlet in room. Looking for confirmation on this and also if any one would know if telus will come out with such an app for smart tv and not just cel,tabs and on? Direct tv and LG are doing it through the new WebOS on the tv's .It looks like full content also and not like the cut back content of optik on the go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am not aware that Optik On the Go can be streamed to a TV. I know It can't be streamed through an Apple TV3 from an iPad, so my expectation is that it is specifically excluded by design form TV app stores as well.

I would suggest the additional wireless box, as it is known to work, and does not draw from your data allotment.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am not aware that Optik On the Go can be streamed to a TV. I know It can't be streamed through an Apple TV3 from an iPad, so my expectation is that it is specifically excluded by design form TV app stores as well.

I would suggest the additional wireless box, as it is known to work, and does not draw from your data allotment.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Thoughts...

-With 4 TV's, I think you are reaching limit what can be plugged connected for Optik

-are you aware of the Telus wireless cable boxes?  I love my mine... allowing me to move TV's from room to room with just a 120v plug

-Optik on the Go works great as an additional screen.  I have mine working great on my iPad, but don't have an Apple TV to test.  Optik should allow me to show the content to a TV with an HDMI connection.

-Optik on the Go also works on laptops.

kerrso
Just Moved In

Thanks for the replies. It is what I thought and think I will be opting for a wireless box once the stores quieten down from the madness. 

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Love my wireless box.... but some homes may have interference issues.  I still recommend trying it out for the convenience.