NETFLIX on Optik TV Guide...!!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

NETFLIX is on my Optik TV guide. But won't work when I try to activate it. Does anyone know the launch date of this? HOW EXCITING..and ABOUT TIME!

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you post a pic of that? I'm really curious.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Rockstar

Welcome @trvcmWhat we know is that it will need to connect the TV-Set through the router via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fy it has to be a smart HD-TV-connected to the InterNet & follow instructionsOpen these links for more information. Consider to switch to Shaw.ca: #1 in BC

1) http://www.askmefast.com/Can_i_watch_netflix_from_just_my_optik_telus_tv-qna3945165.html

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAy1dXJYNOo

3) http://forum.telus.com/thread/id/3403

For technical issues, with TV-Sets. Smartphones-tablets,.etc. The best option is contact: Telus Support @1-866-55-2273 or *611-From Cellulars or open this link: http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/contact-us/ ..@trvcm-PS report results. Thx <v9>

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Rockstar

@v9I believe @trvcm was suggesting that Netflix is now available on the telus optik box, not asking how to get Netflix on their TV.

I heard rumours that this was coming. I'd be curious to see what sort of implementation they used.

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Rockstar

Dark_Knight wrote:

@v9I believe @trvcm was suggesting that Netflix is now available on the telus optik box, not asking how to get Netflix on their TV.

I heard rumours that this was coming. I'd be curious to see what sort of implementation they used.

THANKS to the RockStart Dark_Night for his important observation on this thread. But here's the Transcription of the OP.

trvcm Wrote.

Netflix is on my optic TV guide. But wont work when I try to activate it. Does anyone know the launch date of this? How EXCITING..and ABOUT TIME!

As you can read out it said 2nd sentence. "But wont work when I try to activate it" He has tried to make it work, but it hasn't been successful. That's why the infamous <v9> provided him/her with 2-Solutions.

Nobody knows if Netflix is available on Telus-SAY so. Weird most of the high profile advisers-Don't answer the question to the OP-But point fingers to other repliers workarounds. Hope they review their performance to-Have a friendly forum. Let's wait for "trcvm-Decide" if these solutions are right or not. Bye <v9>

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Highlighted
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Well... we can’t share all our secrets, but I can let you know that Netflix will be launching on Optik in the near future. Glad folks are excited πŸ™‚

ScottyJ

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not sure how slick it will be compared to a roku. I imagine it will be slow and painful, will really be a blunder if can't autoplay next episodes. The 430 and 330 will chug with menu selections like stingray music. Which brings up why are they still listed as galaxie on the guide and website material was rebranded a while ago.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's a good point. I do like Netflix my Roku. I'd hope Netflix would work fine on the 430/330. The big thing I'd be interested to learn is if Netflix on STB would use bandwidth like it does on the Roku/iPhone/PC etc.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

And the official word πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Ambassador

Where? How?

I see Crave in the Guide and in the Apps, but no Netflix.

Highlighted
Guardian

Roll out will be in phases, like all other roll outs. Look for it on channel 422 and the Apps menu.

Highlighted
Ambassador
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I KNEW I SAW IT! It's disappeared though. But i know where to find it once it's up and running. Hoe convenient. Hope it swaps to the next episode automatically πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

not working 😞 error message came up. the same error message from a few weeks ago. is this because it isnt officially launched yet in Calgary?

"sorry the application you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again" error code:0

Highlighted
Resident

Netflix on optic tv just showed up today (tonight).

It works. Location=  north calgary.

Highlighted
Guardian

Working for me as of today. SW Calgary.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Still not working. Why am I getting that error message? Should I bother calling it in yet? Downtown Calgary. Condo building. 

Highlighted
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@trvcm I'd call it in - if it's in your guide, you should have access.

ScottyJ

Highlighted
Guardian

@trvcm, try a reboot of the STB. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

@xray

Tried.. Still getting error messAg. What a shame. Should I bother calling it in? 

Highlighted
Ambassador

I'm in Vancouver and not seeing it yet. Boo-urns.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you don't have it by March then worry. It's a slow roll out all of February

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Guardian

@trvcm call in.  If it hasn't been rolled out to you you wouldn't see the app at all. 

Highlighted
Rockstar

Woohooo got the Netflix tv app on optic tv today,thank you telus!!!!!Channel 422!!!

Highlighted
Ambassador

So far it looks like only Calgary, Edmonton, and Quebec.

Not sure why Telus is doing the slow tease here.

Highlighted
Rockstar
I'm not in any of them,I'm in between Edmonton and Calgary,but there's a few flaws like it doesn't automatically go to the next show and it seem like the sound is lower but I haven't checked all my receiver as for picture quality  seems to me as good as my roku3 but haven't compared them yet,but I think it's ultra HD... Maybe I got it because I have the highest plan telus offers for tv and internet 100mbps...not sure but telus has always gave me updates very quickly.. Thank you TELUS!!!!!My two friends in Edmonton haven't got it yet and my other friend in Calgary still hasn't got it yet to..
Highlighted
Rockstar

I have to say I am watching Spartacus right now and its great quality, loads really quick and it doesn't take  a long time to get to the best quality picture like it does on my daughters blueray player but one thing is it doesn't go to the next show so my 4year old will have to keep her blueray player because it automatically goes to the next show.Maybe that's something telus can change, for me it doesn't matter but she can't use the remote yet..

Highlighted
Ambassador

Product idea!

A brightly-coloured programmable kids remote with just one big button. Plays a happy tune when you press it. You program it to get the TV turned on and connected to the kids favourite channel, or to get Netflix to play the next episode when it stops. πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Rockstar
Where do I buy that remote at and how do I get Netflix to play next
episode???
Highlighted
Rockstar

Its on channel 422 in Alberta,I have it and it works great..