This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.
I have a surface pro 3 i would like to access your onthego.telus.com site but when i try to click on a channel in the live TV i get error 10000|6030 , my research online points to this being a server side issue, see here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/playready4/archive/2012/05/18/how-to-resolve-error-6030-in-silverlight-5-1-w... . I have tried both IE and Google chrome , both are updated as of today.
After contacting Telus support multiple times, without much help other than say the issue was with my computer. I have several computers, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and several iMac's. All have the same problem. I finally did some research online and found several US TV providers with the same issue. Seems like all these TV providers are using the very same server-side technology.
You can read more here:
I uninstalled Silverlight 5.1 and downloaded SilverLight 5.0, and ALL my computers now work with Optik on the Go. So NOT my computers and definitely an issue with Telus' On the Go servers.
After many hours of trying to get Optik On The Go to work on my laptop (Error 6030), I also found it finally worked with Silverlight 5.0, which I was able to find and download online. So, if you're running Windows 10 with Firefox, Silverlight 5.0 seems to do the trick! I hope this saves others the many, many hours I, as well as the Telus techs, spent on this issue. Good Luck!
I run Windows 10 with Silverlight 5.1.50709.0 on Firefox 49.0.1 works fine for me. Not sure what would be different with yours. Glad you found a solution to your issue.
I had to also had uninstall and run old version of Silverlight. Which also means I HAVE to run Internet Explorer because Chrome, Firefox, etc. no longer support Silverlight. I am NOT gonna roll back my good browsers just to run an old outdated addon. I certainly wish a forward thinking company like Telus would come up with a more forgiving and/or simplified way to run this. I mean, Silverlight is no longer compatible with most (as in, all but IE) browsers. They have no intention of ever allowing it again because it is outdated software. Most of us would even rather use adobe flash and accept the occasional exploit risk. All that money we drop for TV, every month, month after month, I think you can probably find someone to update this code and fix these issues.