Introducing... New Data Management Tools!

We’re happy to announce two new data management tools to help you control your account usage and avoid any unexpected overages or fees.

Effective March 14, 2019, we have launched the second phase of our Data Manager services. The new functions will be available from your My TELUS account online and the My TELUS app on your mobile devices.Duck_LG_Vert_Ducklings_Flip_BH_d_LR.jpgData Limits

No more worrying about one user using up the entire bucket and leaving you with zip! Our new Data Limit settings will allow you to set individual limits for each person on your shareable data plan.

Data Overage Protection

With Data Overage Protection toggles, you will be able to prevent users on your account from using more than what is provided and avoid pay-per-use overage charges. When reaching their limit, you will be notified and the user will be blocked from using more data until they are re-enabled or a top-up is added.

Tips & Tricks

Data limits do not act as an allocation or ‘chunk of data’ set aside for each subscriber. They are a usage point that the subscriber cannot go past so we recommend setting limits for each subscriber that in total equals the size of your data bucket.

Example: 8 GB shared bucket with 3 users

• 4.5 GB limit for Jackson
  • 2 GB limit for Alex
  • 1.5 GB limit for Sasha

Best practices:

• Enabling overage protection with each limit to avoid overage charges
  • Adding a top-up before reaching 100% of your data bucket to avoid pay-per-use usage

Let’s Get Started!

As the new limit settings and overage protection operate based on your bill cycle, it can take up to 30 days before the new tools will be available on eligible share plans. Login to your My TELUS account and look for the new tools in the Usage tab. Don’t have the My TELUS app yet? Download it today from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

Check out Data Manager on our website for more details about the new tools. If you have any feedback or questions please comment below or contact us and we’ll be happy to help!

3 Comments
DeltaD
Just Moved In

I just received an email about a "special" price to upgrade my internet speed for an extra $10 a month for 3 months.  There was no cost for after the 3 months. The $10 special was if I registered online.

There was also a "special " upgrade for $5 per month if I registered by phone. Still no cost given for after the 3 months.

In the offer after reading down a bit, it says that the offer must be authorized by a customer representative.  So...... If I need the authorization i need to talk on the phone so...... does that mean the only real special price is $5? 

And whats the cost after the 3 months???

i think I'll pass on the "special " 

Hi @DeltaD, if you would like some assistance looking into the offer, please feel free to give us a call or reach out through one of our other contact methods online (https://www.telus.com/en/support/contact-us) and our teams will be happy to provide more details for you.

RodC
Just Moved In

This change not only completely broke Siri Shortcuts on iOS It's now popping up a stupid web view panel and I can't see my data anymore anywhere on the app..........

It's so broken..I'm inside the app, in this new stupid webview to view my data usage, it prompts me to... wait for it... download the app..........

D6fKc33U8AA8gY3

.D6t4p5_U0AE0qB7