cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited plan and tethering.

Britt147
Just Moved In
I was a previous BellMTS customer which was switched over to Telus. I had unlimited data with Mts so I was able to keep my original plan. I'm curious if I'm able to tether with my laptop free of charge since I'm paying for unlimited data..... I have emailed support waiting for a response but wondering if anyone knows the answer to this 😁
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge, tethering was not an option for MTS customers on the unlimited data plan, and even if you did tether, you will be throttled after 15 GB of consumption, making the rest of the month painfully slow. Since the purpose of unlimited data was to alleviate worries about overconsuming your mobile data, not serve as a replacement for wireline-based internet services, I expect the answer is no. See this page for a bit more detail.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge, tethering was not an option for MTS customers on the unlimited data plan, and even if you did tether, you will be throttled after 15 GB of consumption, making the rest of the month painfully slow. Since the purpose of unlimited data was to alleviate worries about overconsuming your mobile data, not serve as a replacement for wireline-based internet services, I expect the answer is no. See this page for a bit more detail.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"