cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Accounts for 1 Phone

lilyofthevalley87
Just Moved In

Is it possible to have two separate accounts for one phone? I am going abroad so I need to purchase a longer travel plan however I don't wish for the person paying my phone bill to know the cost as they would simply pay it and refuse to let me pay them back and I don't want them paying for the travel plan as it's my responsibility. 

It would be perfect if I could settle the travel plan on my own bill through my own account so that it doesn't appear on my standard monthly bill but I am just not sure if having two separate accounts for one phone is possible. If it is, do I need to present anything specific or is a different address/email all I need?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, you could get your own plan and SIM for your travel. It would mean you have a different number, though. You could also pick up a plan and SIM at your destination and put in your phone, which might be a better deal.

Another option would be to make a payment directly against your account in the amount you feel the trip would cost, removing that amount from the bill your friend would need to,pay.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, you could get your own plan and SIM for your travel. It would mean you have a different number, though. You could also pick up a plan and SIM at your destination and put in your phone, which might be a better deal.

Another option would be to make a payment directly against your account in the amount you feel the trip would cost, removing that amount from the bill your friend would need to,pay.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you! For the second option regarding paying off the account so it doesn't appear on the bill, do you know if the bill will still show any trace of a travel plan having been used? Ex will it list the travel plan at 0$ or mention that it was paid off? I don't want the person to know I'm using a travel plan as they'll badger me about the cost haha so it would be great if the bill didn't even mention it if I paid it off in advance. 

Won't be able to use one phone on two Telus accounts. Pretty sure anything used, even if paid off, will still show on the bill along with the cost. You may be able to pay towards the bill but you'd want to talk to Sales to find out for sure.

If the phone is unlocked, and you swapped SIMs, and you used a plan from overseas instead, that won't show on the bill but you won't be able to send or receive texts under your normal phone number. Depending on the country you may be able to find better and cheaper local plans there, including data.

Big question is are you looking for data, text & voice? Just data? Which country are you travelling to?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂