cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate increase

Quinnalexander
Just Moved In
I have had Telus mobility for over 10 years now. In this time I have made an effort to never sign a new term contract to get a new phone. Always get second hand or buy full price in order to keep my monthly payment the same. But now... instead of my plan being $35 they increased it to $50 just because they felt like it. How is this ok? Even tho they no longer offer plans for $35 they should still honnour my plan? That’s a 43% increas! Wtf??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You realize that once you no longer have a contract, neither party is subject to the terms of that contract? You can walk away at any time, and they can change the terms and rates at any time upon 30 days notice.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You realize that once you no longer have a contract, neither party is subject to the terms of that contract? You can walk away at any time, and they can change the terms and rates at any time upon 30 days notice.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Syaoran
Rockstar

Just like with any other service, the rates can increase.  Netflix is a great example of this, with the rates changing quite a bit over the past few years.  Telus knows you won't find service for $35 anywhere else and depending on what you have for a plan, probably not for $50 as a new customer.