cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my number out of telus

roshu74
Just Moved In

I have a company provided old phone from previous employee which has a Telus plan on it with number XXX-XXX-XXXX. Now our company is laying off people and people who are let go are allowed to keep their numbers. I don't know the specifics how. 

I need to keep this number for incoming calls. How do I port this number and keep it with me?

What is the lowest plan I can get on with Telus without any lock-in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@roshu74 wrote:

I need to keep this number for incoming calls. How do I port this number and keep it with me?

You can port from one carrier to another; you can port from postpaid to prepaid, but you can’t port from postpaid to postpaid with the same carrier. You can see all Telus pricing at Telus.com.

Your cheapest option would be to port the number to a prepaid account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please edit your original post and remove your phone number as this is a public forum. Click on the down arrow top right corner of your post.

Was the company phone also under a company plan in which in turn they paid the bill?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@roshu74 wrote:

You can port from one carrier to another; you can port from postpaid to prepaid, but you can’t port from postpaid to postpaid with the same carrier. You can see all Telus pricing at Telus.com.

Your cheapest option would be to port the number to a prepaid account.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"