pierreflorhenry
Just Moved In

unwanted calls from 188 919 6141, frequent and repeated for several years

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tai
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey @pierreflorhenry,

Searching the number online does not present any results for a legitimate business and I saw some sites suggesting it may be a scam call.

If your handset does not have a call blocking feature/button as part of the hardware, I'd suggest looking into the Call Control or Call Screen features that are available for residential phone lines.

Additionally, phishing/scam calls can also be reported to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC), which collects information and criminal intelligence on fraud. Follow this link to learn more about reporting fraud to the CAFC or call 1-888-495-8501.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero
And do you answer? What does the caller say?

Tai
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey @pierreflorhenry,

Searching the number online does not present any results for a legitimate business and I saw some sites suggesting it may be a scam call.

If your handset does not have a call blocking feature/button as part of the hardware, I'd suggest looking into the Call Control or Call Screen features that are available for residential phone lines.

Additionally, phishing/scam calls can also be reported to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC), which collects information and criminal intelligence on fraud. Follow this link to learn more about reporting fraud to the CAFC or call 1-888-495-8501.

Punitive
Friendly Neighbour

I have found https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx to be very good at providing background regarding scammer / spoofed calls. (I have had scammers spoof "TELUS" on the call display so my rule of thumb is to not answer any calls when I do not recognize the telephone number. It hales avoid telemarketers, survey companies, robocalls by political zealots during elections, etc. The latest spoofing scam to get people to answer calls is to display the same acea code and prefix as the person being called. If they happen to leave a voice-mail message, I delete it without retrieving it.)