cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new Voice Mail

Sarlo
Just Moved In

In the old Telus Voice Mail system, if one wanted to know the caller's number and time and date info, it was a simple matter to press 5 and get that info, and press pound (#) to exit back to the message. Now all that is fed automatically before one even gets to listen to the message. Is there some way to opt out of this enforced grating unnecessary barrier to just hearing the message? Or can the system be returned to its previous user-friendly way overall in this regard?

Sarlo

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

New Voicemail user guide > http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/downloads/Tel_Voicemail_Guide_en_v7.pdf

New Voicemail info page > http://www.telus.com/en/ab/get-help/home-phone/calling-features/voice-mail/important-changes-to-your...

According to the guide, it still says pressing 5 should still provide the date, time and sender during and after the message. (Section 3 in Guide) though I'm not seeing anything obvious about it playing  the caller info. See the last page of the PDF Guiide.

I'm thinking from the Main Menu > Press 4 for Personal Options > Press 4 again for Personal Preferences then Press 2 for Change Playback Preferences. If that fails, I'd recommend contacting Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Nighthawk wrote: >> I'm thinking from the Main Menu > Press 4 for Personal Options > Press 4 again for Personal Preferences then Press 2 for Change Playback Preferences. If that fails, I'd recommend contacting Telus. The Help pages were not helpful for this problem, did not point anywhere useful, but the above was the right place to go, and seemed at first to work, with all relevant options in my prefs changed to "To enable X, press N," X standing variously for date and caller info. Unfortunately, when tested, only the time pref "took," ie the time and date are no longer presented before the actual message, while the caller info still is, though by all other appearances it too purports to have been successfully eliminated. Bugginess rules! Perhaps a toggling might settle it. Anyway, thanks for this well-directed guidance. If toggling fails, i'll try Telus. Cheers, Sarlo