cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet

cathy30
Just Moved In
why cant i get on my internet it says my signal is strong ?
4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your wireless signal from your computer to the gateway may be strong but there are many things that could impact your service.

I would recommend starting here: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/cant-connect-to-the-internet

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend contacting technical support by phone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Why can internet provider claim high speeds.... but then in reality get very slow speeds.  ie have 300/300 and getting 25/2.5.  

Very poor service too.  Waiting for over 1hr for a live person.

Why can internet provider claim high speeds.... but then in reality get very slow speeds.  for instance have 300/300 and getting 25/2.5.  

Very poor service too.  Waiting for over 1 hour for a live person.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are seeing speeds that slow, there is indeed something needing to be fixed. Fibre connections usually exceed the advertised speed.  Instead of waiting on the phone, Telus’ social media team can assist you with your questions. Reach out to them via  Facebook Messenger or Twitter by tweeting @telussupport. You can also call using the numbers in the ‘Contact Us’ section at the bottom of the page, or, if on a computer the Chat function listed there as well. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"