cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am frustrated and wish i was still with shaw--anyone else?

Mariham
Friendly Neighbour

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I was a 40year Shaw customer.... when I got a new TV.... I went looking around.

Nope...  shaw was just too restrictive

• big reason for change with me was the wireless boxes.  Telus has them for about a year... nothing for Shaw.  I'm not going to let Shaw or any cable installer drill more holes than they need to into my heritage home.
  • Fairchild HD was available 6 months before Shaw wanted to look at it.  Just a lot of Real Soon now by Shaw.
  • Optik to Go allows me to watch TV in my home or any public wifi location.  With a VPN... anywhere in the world.
  • Optik to Go gives me a portable screen I can watch TV in any room or outside location (garage, car, yard) that can reach my wifi
  • I also got tired of Shaw's countless unwanted telemarketing calls to bundle service
  • Telus alllows me to bundle my smartphone for additional discounts

With the upcoming #TelusDirect, Shaw is not the only public wifi around.  I've already had an opportunity to test it at locations near my home.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xl wrote:

I was a 40year Shaw customer.... when I got a new TV.... I went looking around.

Nope...  shaw was just too restrictive

• big reason for change with me was the wireless boxes.  Telus has them for about a year... nothing for Shaw.  I'm not going to let Shaw or any cable installer drill more holes than they need to into my heritage home.
  • Fairchild HD was available 6 months before Shaw wanted to look at it.  Just a lot of Real Soon now by Shaw.
  • Optik to Go allows me to watch TV in my home or any public wifi location.  With a VPN... anywhere in the world.
  • Optik to Go gives me a portable screen I can watch TV in any room or outside location (garage, car, yard) that can reach my wifi
  • I also got tired of Shaw's countless unwanted telemarketing calls to bundle service
  • Telus alllows me to bundle my smartphone for additional discounts

With the upcoming #TelusDirect, Shaw is not the only public wifi around.  I've already had an opportunity to test it at locations near my home.

And I was just going to say: "nope!"

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Shaw called me the other day trying to get me to switch back. They can't even come close to match the price I pay now (no discounts) versus what they were trying to sell me even without the channel packs. That and I prefer the Telus channel packs. Shaw has a couple channels I like watching in packages completely unrelated to the channel.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero
I was with Shaw for 20+ years. The PVR I had was discontinued and was a piece of crap. I was on the phone with technical support every month. To their credit they tried very hard to get it to work but I got tired of the hassle. Sold all my Shaw equipment on Kijiji when I switched to Optik and haven't looked back. I actually came out ahead cash wise because Shaw equipment was expensive at the time and TELUS had a great new subscriber deal.