cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

roh911
Neighbour

Hi.

I use my internet for gaming and i've noticed that the internet speed gets extremely slow when ever i play. i am currently paying for 50 MBps. When ever i start playing games, the internet speed goes down to around 5-10 MBps, and my ping goes up anywhere from 300ms to over 1000ms. In the passed, i had shaw internet. While i had shaw, i never had any problemes, and i had the same internet speed. i use wifi to game, and i am about 2 or 3 meters away from the router. When i game, no other divices are turned on. I am considering switching back to shaw because i never had any problemes with them

Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... what games are you playing?

Does speed improve if you play in the morning?

View solution in original post

i mainly play Blacklight Retrebution. the internet speed stays the same all day.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the router is only 2 or 3 meters away, have you tried connecting by ethernet instead of wireless? I know when I first got my Telus gateway I had to change the wireless channel because too many others nearby had the same one and it was killing my wireless speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify.... what games are you playing?

Does speed improve if you play in the morning?

i mainly play Blacklight Retrebution. the internet speed stays the same all day.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the router is only 2 or 3 meters away, have you tried connecting by ethernet instead of wireless? I know when I first got my Telus gateway I had to change the wireless channel because too many others nearby had the same one and it was killing my wireless speed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MTL_Dave
Ambassador

Hey,

If you're playing the games wirelessly I would highly suggest to wire in your console.  It will give you a much better connection.

Hope this helps you!

H_D