cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many plugs/outlet are allowed for each home phone number on the account?

maldini
Organizer

How many plugs/outlet are allowed for each home phone number on the account? Like in how many rooms can you connect home phones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can have as many outlets as you wish to install. If this is a new house, I would speak to an electrician about what connectivity and locations you want outlets for phone, ethernet, and possibly home entertainment.

There used to be a limit on the number of phones when the voltage on the line had to power all the mechanical ringers. Since today they are all electronic, there should be no limit. You could also use one or more cordless phones with 4 to 6 handsets.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can have as many outlets as you wish to install. If this is a new house, I would speak to an electrician about what connectivity and locations you want outlets for phone, ethernet, and possibly home entertainment.

There used to be a limit on the number of phones when the voltage on the line had to power all the mechanical ringers. Since today they are all electronic, there should be no limit. You could also use one or more cordless phones with 4 to 6 handsets.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I recommend cordless phones with multiple handsets to reduce the number of holes and wireless punched into the home.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/panasonic-panasonic-4-handset-dect-6-0-cordless-phone-kxtgc214b-...