cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get ahold of a telus agent?

IslandOfDan
Just Moved In

I have been calling since July 1st and every time it advices there is longer than a 45 minute wait?  There is no option for callback, I have on 2 occasions waited over an hour with no answer.  I even tried contacting via online chat, it took 25 minutes to get an agent to come online, when he did it took nearly 15 minutes to identify my account.  I requested a callback, but did not receive a callback.  This is very frustrating as a new subscriber and makes me question if I made the right decision.

10 REPLIES 10

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Hmm... for myself... I needed assistance late at night and used online chat last week.  I got connected in 5 minutes.

Yes, I wanted an hour to speak to someone over the phone a few months back.  Love my speakerphone.

where and how do i conduct a online chat ?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Online chat never takes more then 5 min. Usually a minute to connect and things get solved fast. Everyone phones in and most don't use the online chat with an agent feature.

Hard to believe it took them a long time to find your account, if you gave them the account number. I never have any issues. Most time i have been online is 4 minutes to have any issues resolved.

xray
Hero

Yes, the phone in wait times can be long during the peak times which is why I always use the chat. In the 6 or so times I've used it I've never waited more the 5 minutes. Average chat wait for me is about 2 minutes.

I can't imagine a situation where finding your account would take that long. It might take a while if you were not able to provide any of the following:

- TELUS land line number

- TELUS account number

- Billing address

- Billing name

All of the above are one-to-one matches to your account and should result in an immediate match. What type of information did you provide?

kayla123456
Just Moved In

I am in school and need to talk to an agent

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call first thing in the morning before the lines get busy, call on your longer breaks, call after classes, call on the weekend. Telus hours are:

Mon. - Fri.: 8 am - 10 pm

Sat. / Sun.: 9 am - 8 pm

You can also DM through Facebook.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

A_Kron
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Telusisnogood
Neighbour
its so typical. they dont have a link,they force you to call and waste your minutes,cant get them to contact me and all i want is to speak with an agent.its ridiculus.

You can also reach out to our team on chat at telus.com/contactus from a desktop. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The chat icon is located at the bottom right corner of your computer's browser window. Just click on the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.39.33 AM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"