cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my telus account.

Jcoxey
Just Moved In

I have recently moved in with my retiree mother to help around the house and I noticed that she has telus as her internet provider and shaw for her cable. After looking at the accounts and weighing the options I have decided to cancel the telus account and bundle up with shaw to save money and streamline the bills. I believe she signed up with telus in 2007 and it doesn't appear that she has any contracts though she does still have the router. How easy would it be to change over? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nasty
Rockstar

For canceling, she has to call in, unless you have been authorized on the account to deal with it.

Depending on age of the Telus Gateway(pre-Actiontec , pre-Zyxel models are obsolete) you drop it off at Canada post outlet and they have a free Telus box to send it back.  Ask the call agent for details on gateway return.

Ensure cancellation date, as Telus wants a 30 day notification for stopping of services. That allows for Shaw Internet to be online before Telus shuts down your DSL. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nasty
Rockstar

For canceling, she has to call in, unless you have been authorized on the account to deal with it.

Depending on age of the Telus Gateway(pre-Actiontec , pre-Zyxel models are obsolete) you drop it off at Canada post outlet and they have a free Telus box to send it back.  Ask the call agent for details on gateway return.

Ensure cancellation date, as Telus wants a 30 day notification for stopping of services. That allows for Shaw Internet to be online before Telus shuts down your DSL.