cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available News Channels

Phantor48
Friendly Neighbour

I find it unconscionable that among its choices of available news channels, Telus would offer us Al Jazeera but not Sun News Network. You'd think this was Wheretheheckistan and not Canada! How can you justify this omission?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I agree, they also miss the boat on tsn go, where a person can watch programs not on tsn or tsn2, eg, ncaa basketball.

It is available on shaw and bell for sure.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Al Jazeera is one of the most highly regarded news providers world-wide.  Maybe that has a little to do with the selection?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sun News has been having issues with the CRTC. I imagine once they sort those out and get agreements with the service providers, they'll likely be available. I have no plans to ever look at Sun News. It is like Fox News' inbred cousin.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Phantor48
Friendly Neighbour

It seems, though, that Rogers, Bell, Shaw, Cogeco, and Eastlink are already carrying SNN. Among the major players only Telus seems to be missing the boat. M'thinks they could be doing better in this regard.

I agree, they also miss the boat on tsn go, where a person can watch programs not on tsn or tsn2, eg, ncaa basketball.

It is available on shaw and bell for sure.

joshj
Just Moved In

I posted this concern on Telus' Facebook page, and they told me that Sun News should be coming to Optik sometime in March.  It is already available on Telus satellite I believe, just not Optik.

nasty
Rockstar

Al Jazeera  http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/ 

Is a quality 'factual news' station. It is a former BBC afiliate That came into being when the BBC got censored and left the Arabic world. It is a great global news source.

Their 'Al Jazeera America'  has low ratings, due to not filling their newscasts with "OH MA GERD!!!" articles that ignore real news.

FoxNews channel, is a blatant propaganda machine of the Rightwing. Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan removed a U.S.A. law called 'truth in newscasting'. That allowed Foxnews to manipulate their news to spread a rightwing political agenda.

FoxNews was temporarily banned from Shaw Direct(May 2009), for a couple of days, when they made a late night joke(Canada's military in afghanistan)  and some Canadian complained with hurt feelings.

SunNewsTV still has to comply with Canadian law of truth in newscasting, even though Prime Minister Stephen Harper(R) wants to abolish the law. SunTV news will fill their schedule with rightwing 'commentary', which does not have to comply with news-truth laws.

The other Cable News stations, right and left, the most important thing to them is 'ratings'. That is not news...

I get real news from multiple online resources. I don't leave a TV on all day and warp my brain with 'Commentary' that pretends to be news. Unless I want a good laugh...

Peace is nice. Constantly throwing gasoline on freshly lit match sticks, is insane.