cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 compatible with Telus ?

goldorak007
Neighbour

I want to change my cell and I plan to buy a Xiami Redmi Note 7 but with all the frequencies, I'm lost.

Can you tell me if it will be compatible with Telus in Gaspesie !
It come Direct from XIAOMI USA (Global Stock) 

Thank you !

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Xiaomi USA is NOT selling phones in the USA. I'd be very careful if a store is claiming to be Xiaomi USA and is selling phones as it's not actually Xiaomi but a third party seller instead. You won't have any warranty on any Xiaomi device.

Gaspesie as in Gaspé Peninsula? Short answer: Mostly no, you'll have problems.

Long answer: Depending on exactly where you live on the Gaspé Peninsula, the phone may not work. Many towers in the region are using one of the four 700MHz LTE bands and the Note 7 does not support any of the possible three 700MHz frequencies currently in use by Telus: Band 13, 17 or 29. The fourth band (12) is controlled by Rogers.

A few of the towers use Band 4 (AWS) for LTE and the phone might work in those specific areas, typically in or very close to a town. Same for 3G, you'll want towers nearby with both Band 2 (1900MHz) and Band 5 (850MHz), and not all of the towers on the peninsula have that. Some only have Band 5 and not all phones will work with that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Syaoran
Rockstar

As mentioned, the Xiaomi USA site isn't actually operated by Xiaomi.  They do not do business in the US and Canada.  There are many cell stores though that do import and carry Xiaomi products in Canada.  Pacific Mall in Markham, ON is a good example of a place that does.  I personally ordered my Mi MIX 3 (Chinese model) 8GB/128GB jade green from AliXpress.  I have absolutely no complains, but ordering from Ali can take its time.  With any online site, buyer beware.  

As a Mi MIX 3 owner, their warranties are not valid in countries Xiaomi doesn't officially sell in, whether it's a Chinese or Global model.  That is something to consider when making your purchase.  My experience with their devices has been excellent though.  

The device will work fine in Canada.  The RedMi Note 7 (Global) supports: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)

A huge thank you for your answers. I did not think it would have been as detailed as that. I watched the Canadian Cellular Towers Map and the towers I need in my sector of the Gaspé Peninsula south side, Chandler-Percé area, the frequencies on Telus antennas are (700MHz, 850MHz, 1900MHz), Data Updated: March 4, 2019 ... then Xiami Redmi Note 7 is it compatible enough that I can not have a problem of cellular reception?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

In theory you should be able to get a 3G signal but not LTE.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂