cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Calls Pretending to be TELUS

OakBayGamer
Organizer

Twice today I got calls from Alberta (I'm in BC) claiming to be TELUS and telling me my internet is slow and to "go to my router". Both times I asked them to tell me my account number and they said "Ma'am, I'm from the tech department and we don't have that information". I hung up. The numbers are 1-780-310-9309 and 1-780-018-9058. I've blocked both, but just wanted to let TELUS know this is going on...Smiley Sad

4 REPLIES 4

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

I will be glad when iOS 13 launches for iPhone and the unknown callers cal blocking in built into the operating system. 

@OakBayGamer unrelated what games do you play?

iPhone power user

I'm on a Samsung, so hopefully they'll have a similar update! And I play loads of games like the Sniper Elite series, RDR2, GTA, all the Assassin's Creed, Thief, Far Cry series, Ghost Recon, etc., but I'm only single player because I've never quite gotten the hang of multiplayer (I'm 54 so that may be the reason haha) Smiley Tongue

xray
Hero

@OakBayGamer wrote:

Twice today I got calls from Alberta (I'm in BC) claiming to be TELUS and telling me my internet is slow and to "go to my router". Both times I asked them to tell me my account number and they said "Ma'am, I'm from the tech department and we don't have that information". I hung up. The numbers are 1-780-310-9309 and 1-780-018-9058. I've blocked both, but just wanted to let TELUS know this is going on...Smiley Sad

That's exactly what I do for calls like that. Whether they claim to be the ISP, my bank, CRA, Microsoft or whatever. If they call me and they are legit then they should know something other than my name and phone number. 

If they call you again (with a different call display number) you should play along an pretend to go to whatever URL they say is your router. It mighy be useful to know.

That's a great idea! If they ever do call again, I'll try to dig deeper into their nefarious ways! Smiley Very Happy