cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M Connection Issues

Geranimos
Neighbour

i just switched to Pure Fiber recently and received their T3200M modem. it seems that i have some sort of weird connection issue with the modem after a certain period of time. sometimes wifi will refuse new or existing connections, as in i can't connect to the wifi, or if i do manage to connect, sometimes i am unable to access the internet. hardwired connected PC doesn't seem to be affected. and usually when this happens, i can not access 192.168.1.254. unplugging the device and replugging the device solves the issue, but it happens again in a matter of time. i would say it happens approximately twice a month.

anyone else experience this issue? any recommendations/advice?

8 REPLIES 8

canucks4life
Leader

@Geranimos wrote:

i just switched to Pure Fiber recently and received their T3200M modem. it seems that i have some sort of weird connection issue with the modem after a certain period of time. sometimes wifi will refuse new or existing connections, as in i can't connect to the wifi, or if i do manage to connect, sometimes i am unable to access the internet. hardwired connected PC doesn't seem to be affected. and usually when this happens, i can not access 192.168.1.254. unplugging the device and replugging the device solves the issue, but it happens again in a matter of time. i would say it happens approximately twice a month.

I'm on bonded copper but have similar problems since the latest 31.164L.16 Firmware update pushed on Aug 20. Already tried doing a factory reset on back of T3200M. Exact same symptoms desktop PC stays connected but just hangs when trying to load admin page shortly after WiFi connections start flaking out and have to powercycle the modem would happen every 4 days or so. I had a technician out a week ago to check my lines everything checked out okay amazingly I've gone a week now with no issues.

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

I had the same issue on fibre. I was having other minor issues and range issues, and the old extender wasn’t working so I got TELUS Boost. Since then, it’s been significantly better. I believe the Boost system has better antennas for connectivity, and the GUI isn’t as crap as the T3200. Just my thoughts. 

If it’s still happening though and you want to work with the hardware, I’d suggest doing a full factory reset. That might correct any communication errors. 

Between the time passed from my original posting to now, it has happened several more times. Finally today I did a factory reset. Fingers crossed, lets see how this pan out.

ya i get issues with t3200 and it basically ever since that shotty update from back in August. How'd the factory reset work for you?

uptime has been 10 days without any issue so far

Cizuz
Friendly Neighbour

I would replace the T3200M with a decent to good router. That thing is a hot mess.

James483
Just Moved In

@Geranimos wrote:

As for your issues, I was having the same problem with a couple different devices, the first day, then it just stopped. I do still get some hanging when it's switching between the extender and the base station, but it usually sorts it out within a few seconds. I don't know if you want to fiddle with the wireless settings at all, maybe something like smartscreen is turned on, or something else is enabled that doesn't need to be.