Returned equipment

Highlighted
ireturnedmyequipment
Resident

I returned my equipment in early Feb 2017 via Canada Post, however Telus is now saying they have not received them and is going to bill me.

Is there an email address for the billing department? The wait time on live chat and phone are over 1 hour.

Community Power User
Community Power User

You can email from the Contact Us section at the page bottom, but it requires a My Account login. You also can often accept a callback option if calling in, so at least you won't have to wait glued to the phone. 

Have  you the tracking number info from the post office? It would speed the process for you.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Deeman
Resident
So I had to travel to Victoria for work. Not knowing how long I would be gone I called Decided to let Telus d/c my internet. Fair enough I'll pay them when I get back to town.
Then one Sunday morning, my phone rings, It's the postman using the buzzer on the door to my condo building back in Alberta I told him I have a mail redirect. He told me it' an empty box from Telus. I thought this was a scam or joke and told him I am not in the province and to send it back.

When I finally got my redirected mail . Sure enough Telus wants their modem back that they gave me when I signed up back in 2012. 5 years ago. But the letter is. Month old and I couldn't get to my modem until I was finished the job I was on.

Telus referred me to collections and billed me $150 for junk. I wouldn't sell it for 5$. It holds no value to me.

Thanks Telus for your lack of communication, lack of compromise and you hastily ability to subject me to extortion and defamation.

The future is friendly 🤦🏻‍♀️😓
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you ever try calling Telus during that period? A lot of issues like that can be solved over the phone fairly easily.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you call and discuss with Telus in timely fashion?  I had an experience a number of years ago with the return of a telephone. There were two devices registered to the building, and apparently only the older one was returned. Telus contacted us claiming the device had not been returned. I called for clarification, not realizing the situation. They described the phone - one of those $4.95 / month rental units. When I indicated I could not track down the device, the CSR determined that it had long since been paid for and wrote it off.

Moral of the story: keep in touch with the Corp, and things often work out well.

NFtoBC
mdb
Resident

I received a phone from Telus and cancelled it within 2 days.  Called Telus and told them I didnt want it.  So they send me a mailer to return phone.   So on my September bill they credit me the connection fee and the line fee and then credit me $100 for hardware return.    Now they send me a bill for $800 saying I didnt return it even after they credit me for returning it.  THis company is pathetic.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you keep the tracing number provided by the Post Office, and confirm the receipt of the phone by Telus? if so, you can contact them with that information to get your bill adjusted.

NFtoBC
Just_LH
Coach

Fix it later is their way.

On the other hand they do fix it and accept a lot of things on the phone.

I remember how clueless they were on how many boxes the technician left here and a few weeks ago I sent one back, I would not be surprised if a few years from now they would demand it from me.

To expect to see a current list of equipment online? ha!