cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming slimline 2 remote to work with Vizio Television

e-normus
Friendly Neighbour

The codes to program the slimline 2 remotes published on the telus support pages for Vizio televisions do not work, including 0029. The telus tech could not get them to work either. Vizio support suggested it's a remote firmware issue. Has anyone been able to program the slimline 2 to work with a Vizio television?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For the Slimline 2 remote the Vizio codes are: 1638, 1724, 1844, 1544, and 1519. Give those a try. 🙂

0029 isn't even in the extended code list for any TV.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For the Slimline 2 remote the Vizio codes are: 1638, 1724, 1844, 1544, and 1519. Give those a try. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

e-normus
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks, both 1638 and 1844 worked. The optic button powers on the set top box on& off and the TV button turns the television on & off. It was my understanding the Optic button should turn both the set top box and the TV on & off the same way the original slimline remote did? Is that not correct.

Televisions are Vizio E700i-B3 and D32x-D1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Normally the Optik button should control both. For me the Optik button will turn both the TV and Optik box on but not off. Optik button will power off the PVR and I have to hit the TV button to kill the TV. Slimline 1 seemed to work better with my old TV at least.

e-normus
Friendly Neighbour

Interesting.... I also have a 10 year old Toshiba Regza 37HL17 LCD and the Optic button on the slimline 2 cycles both the TV and set top box. So I guess the older the television, the more compatible it will be to the "new" Telus remotes? Never had any issues with the old slimline remotes, everything worked perfectly until the Telus tech insisted I update. I wonder if I can get them back?

e-normus
Friendly Neighbour

@Nighthawkwrote:

code 0029 is published in this Telus slimline 2 programing document   

http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/TELUS_Slimline_Remote_2_Insert.pdf

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll find that "Other" doesn't tend to work often. 🙂 I know for me I had to use the extended code list to get the remote to work with my Samsung TV.

e-normus
Friendly Neighbour

I managed to get the Optic button to cycle both the TV and set top box on & off so it's all good now.

1638 or 1844 to program the TV button for on & off, then 0007 and 0006 to make the Optic button cycle both on & off.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!