Connection to Actiontec T3200M dropping

Highlighted
Moose74
Neighbour

Hello everyone,

I had Optik TV and Fibre installed two weeks ago, and I got the Actiontec T3200M modem. My problem is that the connection to the modem keeps dropping. When I try to connect to 192.168.1.254 via browser it just says "Waiting for 192.168.1.254". I can ping the router and when I scan open services, both http and https are open. Optik TV, wifi, and home network all work fine.  When I (hard) reset the Actiontec I can connect to it for awhile, but then again becomes inaccessible and I  have to manually reboot it.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you!

Community Power User
Community Power User

Which browser are you using?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Moose74
Neighbour

It makes no difference. Firefox, Edge, Chrome, from wired or wireless devices, it is the same. I am wondering whether the router has issues.

Community Power User
Community Power User
Based on your description, I would tend to agree. If on Fibre, you can try your own modem if you have one and see what happens, but a call to TELUS is also in order!
NFtoBC
Moose74
Neighbour

Thank you, NFtoBC, I will  do that.

Another think I noticed, is that the connection seems to drop at the renew lease time, so basically every hour. I am not sure this is normal, but I noticed that the modem pulls out a different IP (Modem IP Address) every time it renews the lease. Is that normal?

Community Power User
Community Power User

I am currently seeing lease times of 10 minutes, which is unusually short historically, wherein formerly lease times were on the order of 1 day. In the short time I have checked, the lease renewed with the same IP address, but I'll follow up later and see if it changes.

EDIT: This morning I am seeing longer lease times (at least 3 4 hours) and have the same assigned IP address as yesterday.

NFtoBC
Pam-MB
Coach

When Telus first put in the 3200 modem,the wi-fi worked fine.

The last couple of weeks it is terrible,so now have one computer plugged directly into the modem.

Tough working on spreadsheets with poor wi-fi signal.