4 HD themes + HD time shifting $10.00

3 themes $20.00

NDTV $5.00

Digital standard $56.50

Digital standard fee $3.00

South asian combo $15.00

Promo credit -$10.00

Total $102.00 + gst

Was wondering what this package would cost on telus tv ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RonAKA
Rockstar

About all I can say is that switched from Bell satellite to Optik TV a while back and I got more channels for less $$. It takes time to sort it all out but all you can do is go through the options and pick the best one for your needs and then compare back to Bell. 

I do miss some things from the Bell system. The biggest one is the ability with Bell to self tune channels at a specific time. Can't do it with Optik. Optik always starts recording about 1 minute early. That is a bit annoying too. The big advantage with Optik is the ability to record multiple channels at the same time. 4-5 I think. I never seem to be short.

Hope that helps some

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have Bell for TV, I'm feeling safe in assuming you are not in an area where Optik TV is available.

Try starting here: https://www.telus.com/en/on/tv/new/satellite/

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

RonAKA
Rockstar

About all I can say is that switched from Bell satellite to Optik TV a while back and I got more channels for less $$. It takes time to sort it all out but all you can do is go through the options and pick the best one for your needs and then compare back to Bell. 

I do miss some things from the Bell system. The biggest one is the ability with Bell to self tune channels at a specific time. Can't do it with Optik. Optik always starts recording about 1 minute early. That is a bit annoying too. The big advantage with Optik is the ability to record multiple channels at the same time. 4-5 I think. I never seem to be short.

Hope that helps some

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RonAKA

There is an option in settings to adjust the recording window, if you prefer it not start early.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks, I will look for the option. It wasn't there when we originally got the system. I submitted a suggestion to add it, but didn't notice that they had. That feature is more critical on the Bell system when you only have two channels to work with. The start early creates an overlap which limits the number of channels you can record/watch. Not so much of an issue with Optik. Still wish they had the auto tune to a channel feature like Bell has. When you select a channel in the guide it gives you an option to record it, or just auto tune it when the time comes. Kind of convenient, but obviously not essential unless one is a real hard core couch potato.

TheWizard
Organizer

If you can get optik tv, you'll find the cost vs content much better than the Bell Sat TV options. If you can only get Sat Tv you will find Bell vs telus pricing very similar as they are often matched. It is worth checking either in the store or give them a call to get a quote based on what content you want. If you have Telus internet or phone/mobility they are also putting a Rewards program that might be worth checking out. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

RonAKA
Rockstar

One more thought for the OP. I recall when I switched from Bell to Optik, I called Bell and they offered a lowered price for their system to try and keep me as a customer. If you are only switching for price, you might want to try that. There is always a bit of pain in making a switch from a system that is set up and stable to a new one. 

Mark007
Helpful Neighbour
Read our story before switching to Telus.

Our story: after a long discussion with our family we decided to give Telus another chance in November of 2017. They promised us a deal for the next 24 month. The deal promised so we stay was $87 monthly plus tax. 
Three month later every bill is different and always $5-$7 more than promised. When I called them in January of 2018 which is two months after we got that deal, the person I spoke with said yes there is a discrepancy and said he would adjust everything so we pay less $7 next time going forward. The representative said, "I cant just add it as minus $7 but I will write it as a bundle discount". On January 26, 2018, we received an email from him stating on our $7 discount. 
Two months later in March, our bill is over $7 again and I am calling to Telus. This time, as usual, I am on hold for over 40 minutes and by the end of that conversation, we spent 1 hour 30 minutes on the phone!!! 
So the story short, on this phone conversation first girl was arguing that everything is as needed to be then after few minutes of counting she find the discrepancy and said she would transfer us to the manager so we don't have to go through this over again. Later, that manager Jessica answers and places us on hold again for half an hour (I guess she needs her time to prepare on what to say). There was no way t go through her, she was as stubborn as they get and all she told us "everyone before her was wrong"!!! Yes, you hear this correct, she said all the discounts are incorrect and this is what we have to pay now. Plus, all the bundle discounts were taken away from everyone! Yes from everyone in BC, so we can feel better! 
In November when I wanted to cancel TELUS services they convinced us to stay and gave us 24-month "deal price" of $87 plus tax which should've been always $97.44 now I find that the deal of 24 months was a service agreement and as of now we can't cancel anything unless we pay $300!!! Yes, this is what you get after staying with the company for 10 years. They won't tell you all at one time then every time you call that new person would put all blame on the previous person. Our deal supposed to be  $87 monthly for next 24 months. Now, comes March and we already pay $100. As you remember from January conversation we had a discount of minus $7. So, $87 plus 12% tax all comes to $97.44 monthly minus $7 discount should've been always $90.44!!! As of March 23rd, 2018 we were told our bill will be always $100.57 every month!!! I bet couple months later it will be $105 and so on and if you call them they will create another story saying "sorry it all changed again, now you pay this because everyone else paying the same!" THIS IS OUR STORY AS OF MARCH 2018 (customers of TELUS for over 10 years). 

SHAME ON YOU TELUS!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

P.S. Check your bills for the past 6 months and I bet you will find discrepancy too. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please avoid posting duplicate comments under unrelated discussions. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂