Bandwidth

Highlighted
PL
Connector

Hi,

Just switched over from SHAW to Telus. I am on the 150/150 service for internet. Can somebody tell me does watching TV take away from the bandwidth of the internet? Say we're watching 2 or 3 TV's in the house, does my 150 drop significantly?

Thanks

Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are watching Telus Optik TV, it is streamed separately on Fibre, but not on copper. Since 150/150 is delivered on Fibre, your internet speed should not be affected.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
PL
Connector

Thanks for the quick reply.

Love the speed. So far faster than SHAW. Apparently I'm on Pure Fiber. They said I should be able to get 300/300 soon. I've seen pricing that it's the same as 150. I'll be upgrading for sure.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@PL wrote:

I've seen pricing that it's the same as 150. I'll be upgrading for sure.

Pricing is $55 for 6 months, then the regular price, and you lock into a 2 year contract. It is currently being offered to new customers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
mike76
Neighbour

Oh don't worry, It's not the same price you and you get the fun of paying the full price 110 .. Enjoy 

Siege
Friendly Neighbour

I got 300/300 for $55 for 3 months and $95/month after with my loyalty discount so I am not sure what you are talking about unless you didn't want to re-sign up for 2 more years.