i recently moved and had all my telus services moved over to new address
internet and TV is working fine, but been having issues with telus landline since the move
- the landline can call out to all numbers
- the landline can receive calls from all telus numbers
- but it can't receive any inbound calls from non-telus numbers, Rogers, Bell, Virgin or any SIP/VOIP providers, i haven't tried from anywhere else but it safe to say it can't receive calls from any other IPS other than telus itself
- when calling from non telus number, it says number is disconnected or number is un-assigned
- i have spent hours on the call with telus support and they haven't been able to figure out the issue, keep saying all is good on their end, must be the other IPS where the call is originating from (which i don't buy at all, since the issue started after the move)
- even escalated the issue to support mgr, who had his phone support techs investigate and said there is nothing else he can do
- i have also called & spoken to Rogers and they said the issue is on the receiving end not their side
posting here hoping someone here can help troubleshoot or escalate the issue
Is this a phone number you got from Telus or one you ported in from another provider?
I’m guessing your service is on Fibre at your new address. Sounds like the SIP address of your new installation is not being properly distributed / managed.
All I can suggest is to contact Telus again, or ask your line be put on copper.
i had fiber at my old address prior to the move, when I moved, they said the fiber isn't available yet and installed my services using copper line, so its currently running on copper.
will call them again and mention your suggestions.
wife called them earlier this morning and they basically refuse to do anything, its like butting heads against a wall, it like I have to do their troubleshooting for them.