cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF279 with External Routers(s)

Craig944
Just Moved In

Have one of these on order and hoping this works.

I have a airport extreme router currently running my entire house with a lot of devices (iPads phones thermostat switches etc).

I also have a wireless router in my garage about 100 feet from my house being fed from an under ground ethernet i ran from the Airport Extreme, it is running all of my wireless security cameras (5).

My current ISP is slow and wanted to try this smart hub out as it qualified in my area. (Still being shipped)

My question is

Can I simply get it running, NOT use the ZTE wifi. USE the wifi from my airport and essentially keep everything the same as i have it without changing all of my devices IPs etc?

Basically just use the smart hub as the internet provider to my current set up without any hassle, any setting changes?. 

Im also an online gamer and have been reading a lot about NAT issues?. Or with this set up will it all remain the same as my NAT is currently open for my xbox one?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Craig944wrote:

My question is

Can I simply get it running, NOT use the ZTE wifi. USE the wifi from my airport and essentially keep everything the same as i have it without changing all of my devices IPs etc?

Basically just use the smart hub as the internet provider to my current set up without any hassle, any setting changes?. 

Yes.

Im also an online gamer and have been reading a lot about NAT issues?. Or with this set up will it all remain the same as my NAT is currently open for my xbox one?

Thanks

Not sure you can adjust the NAT on the ZTE device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"