cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant Telus give a specific time for service calls

Jimyb
Just Moved In

Was told a service tech would come to our home sometime today. Waited all day. At 4:30 still no service tech. I have waited all day. Spent a half hour on the internet trying to find a number to call to find out if the service tech was still coming and when i did the automated service was not working. Had to push random numbers till it finally put me through to the next step in the automated system. Service rep that answered couldn't give me a specific time still and told me i might have to wait into the early evening.

What kind of business treats their clients like this? To be so flippant about me having to sit at home and wait for a service rep for over eight hours. Do you not think that maybe i have important tasks to do. Do you not care that people have much better things to do than to sit and wait all day for one of your service reps? You should have to give credits to your customers that have to wait. My time is worth more than this.

Very Unacceptable, Very Unprofessional, Very poor customer service but I'm sure you really don't care, so we will start looking for other service providers and continue negative comments on social media. Really very very sad customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chicnstu
Leader

I'm assuming you live in a small town if you were given an all-day appointment. In most Tier 1 and Tier 2 (large, medium) cities Telus can offer 2 hour appointment arrival windows but for rural and small towns where there is no local office where technicians are based they can only offer all day appointment windows. The industry term for these is "milk runs".

Technicians need to travel from their home base to visit these communities and often times have appointments in other small towns in the region. The reason they cannot guarantee a 2 hour appointment window comes down to many factors like travel time between jobs and towns. There is also travel time required on a single job for a single rural customer for things like phone repairs as the rural phone networks may require a tech to go from point A to point B to point C and then to the home. This can be 10-20km alone just to trace and diagnose a problem. Techs never know what they will run in to until they get out there. They do their best to meet the appointment windows but there are so many factors that come in to play especially with rural routes. 

I understand your frustration with this but hopefully this information gives you a better idea of what may be going on. It's not terrible service on purpose. More of an unfortunate reality of servicing multiple customers over a wide area in a single day.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chicnstu
Leader

I'm assuming you live in a small town if you were given an all-day appointment. In most Tier 1 and Tier 2 (large, medium) cities Telus can offer 2 hour appointment arrival windows but for rural and small towns where there is no local office where technicians are based they can only offer all day appointment windows. The industry term for these is "milk runs".

Technicians need to travel from their home base to visit these communities and often times have appointments in other small towns in the region. The reason they cannot guarantee a 2 hour appointment window comes down to many factors like travel time between jobs and towns. There is also travel time required on a single job for a single rural customer for things like phone repairs as the rural phone networks may require a tech to go from point A to point B to point C and then to the home. This can be 10-20km alone just to trace and diagnose a problem. Techs never know what they will run in to until they get out there. They do their best to meet the appointment windows but there are so many factors that come in to play especially with rural routes. 

I understand your frustration with this but hopefully this information gives you a better idea of what may be going on. It's not terrible service on purpose. More of an unfortunate reality of servicing multiple customers over a wide area in a single day.