cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus pulling out of retail?

canucks4life
Leader

I was in London Drugs the other day where they have a dedicated OptikTV area yet when inquiring about purchasing hardware they're no longer receiving equipment...not much on BestBuy website either?

4 REPLIES 4

vishwa
Leader

Most of the installations require a tech visit--Telus insists on that(not that it can't be done by tech savvy people).  So, they prefer to send the instrument through the technicians.  Also, most people get the receivers free on contract. London drugs and Bestbuy sell it at retail price. It is a hard sell when Telus gives it out free to customers in most cases.

@vishwawrote:

Most of the installations require a tech visit--Telus insists on that(not that it can't be done by tech savvy people).  So, they prefer to send the instrument through the technicians.  Also, most people get the receivers free on contract. London drugs and Bestbuy sell it at retail price. It is a hard sell when Telus gives it out free to customers in most cases.

Kind of leaves existing clients with failing purchased hardware out in the cold Smiley Frustrated

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The hardware that I saw for sale in the stores tended to be the old stuff, not the newer boxes. There have been a few cases where if a box failed, Telus still replaced it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@canucks4life: Technically, yes.  However, in reality Telus is pretty good in that aspect. If you are a customer and your receiver failed, they generally give you a new one. Of course, at this point they own that hardware.  I have been with Bell satellite, Shaw cable and Telus optik.  In my personal experience, Telus has been most generous in this regard.