Telus blocking NiceHash on TCP 3353?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Hey Telus,

What's up with port blocking TCP 3353 to daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353 and the eu/in/etc servers?

Why would you guys port block TCP 3353?

I had to use a VPN to get past this - so I'd like to know why Telus would do this... the moment I turned on the VPN - issue gone.

It's not like this is eating a lot of bandwidth, and NiceHash isn't a service commonly used by any malware... so - why would you even "do" this? Haha

Thanks,

McFly10

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

Haha - not even a reply from a Telus rep? Tried three DNS servers, yours and others, only way it worked was in the VPN tunnel...

Then, it mysteriously repairs itself two days later... Haha - the magic of some failover interconnections and a some networker with a dream.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

Haha - not even a reply from a Telus rep? Tried three DNS servers, yours and others, only way it worked was in the VPN tunnel...

Then, it mysteriously repairs itself two days later... Haha - the magic of some failover interconnections and a some networker with a dream.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

It worked for me on the day you complained.

nc -vvv daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com 3356 worked from a linux box on my LAN and another whose internet is not Telus.