cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M Samba Configuration using SMBv1, not working with Windows 10.

xian
Just Moved In

After connecting my USD external (FAT32) to the T3200M, it was successfully recognized, but I can't map the share from Windows 10.

Turns out latest Windows 10 update has disabled SMBv1, because of WannaCry malware.

Is there any change the modem can be upgrade / adjusted to support SMB2?

ie. have the smb.conf adjusted.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-configure-samba-to-use-smbv2-and-disable-smbv1-on-linux-or-unix...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For best results, you're better off using a NAS. Many of us do. Mine just connect over ethernet and I can use whatever protocol I feel like to connect to them. If you use Plex, some NAS have support for Plex Server too.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Dropping SMB1 will prevent older Windows devices from connecting. WannaCry / WannaCrypt malware will also spread using SMB2. If you want to be safe, don't use SMB.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Do you know if the T3200M supports any other protocols? Doesn't look like SFTP or SSH are supported.

I have enabled DLNA, but this is read-only.

Figured at least having a toggle to SMBv2 would be something accomplishable. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

For best results, you're better off using a NAS. Many of us do. Mine just connect over ethernet and I can use whatever protocol I feel like to connect to them. If you use Plex, some NAS have support for Plex Server too.