cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce Wifi exposure at home

Vancouverboy
Just Moved In

Hello,

I would like to reduce my exposure to wifi when I'm at home. One simple measure I took was using a CAT Cable for my wireless cable box in the bedroom. I want to lower strength of my wifi modem. I live on the 3rd floor and there's no reason it needs access wifi from the street. Is there a way to reduce the range?

Thanks,

Jason

5 REPLIES 5

Vancouverboy
Just Moved In

I can see over 20 wifi signals with full bars entering my unit. I think that's evidence that the range of these boxes are excessive. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Just a quick note: you'd have far better visibility if you put it in the Internet forum instead of posting it under Ideas.

That being said, just log in to the T3200, go to the wireless (advanced) settings and turn down the signal strength. It's a very simple process and an easy to find setting. Just be aware that if it's too weak it could be interfered with by the neighboring wireless networks so you may have to adjust things as you go.

For exposure, weakening the signal strength of your network will barely make any difference to the overall exposure when you have that many other networks near by.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero

Unfortunately there are only 2 ways to reduce your exposure to EMR and both are extreme. Move to a sparsely populated area or install RF shielding around your home.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager