cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Arris VIP5662W

Kennedybrie
Just Moved In
When my devices were first installed one of the boxes was linked in directly to my wifi modem with a yellow cable. But I switched around bedrooms today and understood my PVR box could be connected wirelessly. But now that I’ve plugged it back into a TV in a new room and turned it on, it doesn’t go past the “Your Optik TV Box is initializing, this will only take a moment” window, and it won’t do anything else. Been on this screen for almost 50 minutes. I’ve held down the power button to reset and just end up back at the initializing screen. How do I fix it so it can be connected wirelessly and actually in working order again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my recollection. only the new 4K PVR are wireless. The older units need an Ethernet connection. You can return the PVR to an Ethernet connected location, and access all your programming from another device.  One of my friends has his PVR in a central location in the basement with no TV attached, and wireless devices connected to each of the. TVs in his house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my recollection. only the new 4K PVR are wireless. The older units need an Ethernet connection. You can return the PVR to an Ethernet connected location, and access all your programming from another device.  One of my friends has his PVR in a central location in the basement with no TV attached, and wireless devices connected to each of the. TVs in his house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"