cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move ONT

buckycat
Leader

Anybody have their ONT moved to another location. I’m doing a reno and would like to get it moved out of my living room to a more suitable location. Guessing there would be a charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
I did mine recently from the living room to the garage. They couldn't give me a quote but thought it would be $100-$200. Ended up being about $400 because it took two of them 5 hours to do it. Not sure why. They ran about 10 feet of fibre cable and mounted the boxes to a wall. I tried to get some.money back but Telus said no. Let me know if you want anymore details.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
I did mine recently from the living room to the garage. They couldn't give me a quote but thought it would be $100-$200. Ended up being about $400 because it took two of them 5 hours to do it. Not sure why. They ran about 10 feet of fibre cable and mounted the boxes to a wall. I tried to get some.money back but Telus said no. Let me know if you want anymore details.

Thanks! Wow, $400 and 5 hours for two of them, Maybe I’ll just hide them behind a bookcase or something.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, $75 (Telus' usual rate) x 5 = about $400. Clearly the more you can ease the situation to make it simpler gives more opportunity to reduce the time spent.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

What is so hard about doing it yourself .Not very hard and alot cheaper and use better quality network cable than telus .

Not possible to do yourself. Can’t just splice in to fibre optic.

Yeah, they neglected to mention it was an hourly rate. I thought it was flat. Oops. Wife was not happy. 😁😁

I did wire the Ethernet but they had some issues drilling from the t-com box outside to the garage wall. At least it looks clean now, and my nutty kid won’t play with the wires.