cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet 75 modem on copper

RonAKA
Rockstar

What modem does Telus use for Internet 75 and Optic TV on bonded copper lines? I currently have Internet 50 with a T2200H, and it is cheaper to go to Internet 75.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheWizard
Organizer

Usually they update to the 3200 model if you are going to Internet 75, it has a lot more features built into it. My understanding is that they both have the same regular price, but upsell offers and recontracting usually help with the price 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TheWizard
Organizer

Usually they update to the 3200 model if you are going to Internet 75, it has a lot more features built into it. My understanding is that they both have the same regular price, but upsell offers and recontracting usually help with the price 🙂

Thanks for the information. I will check out that modem. They are coming tomorrow to switch it out and I wanted to be prepared for what I will have to deal with for configuration. The current T2200H is maxed out for ports along with a 5 port switch.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RonAKA

Only one switch?  You’re not trying nearly hard enough! 😁

The T3200M has the same number of ports as does your current modem, so it should be a straight swap.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks. Which specific model of T3200 are they using on bonded copper. There seems to be different variations of it; T3200, T3200M? I also note they are no longer publishing a manual for the modem. Is the manual for the T2200H going to be good enough. I just want to set up my wireless security to match what I already have so I don't have to change all devices in the house and those of my kids when they visit. 

Oh and one more question. I think the new models include a 5 GHz wireless. Is there any chance that is used for the wireless Optik TV along with the standard band for the computer network? I currently have a separate Cisco VEN501 for the Optik wireless. If so that should free up one ethernet port and some clutter on my desk. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus only uses the T3200M. The interface is sufficiently similar to the T2200 that you should have no difficulty setting up access. It also has a guest wireless account, which I offer to friends who only need internet access, but not access to my network.

You won't need the VEN501, as Optik connects to the Wi-Fi of the T3200M. You may want to keep that port available for Telus' Boost WiFi product. 

NFtoBC

Thanks for the tip, and I will keep it in mind. We currently do not have range issues with the T2200H, but it has two antennas, and the T3200M does not appear to have them? Should we expect range issues? Our house is a 5 level, but is not all that big, and the modem is pretty much in the middle of the house.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You shouldn’t have range issues in the switch.

NFtoBC