cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the maximum connections on T3200M / How to fix the IP address issues

saveaceenj
Just Moved In

Is there any info or setting that allow me to have more devices added in my T3200M and also when I connect my iPhone 8 to my wifi, it connects but than my iPhone displays the 169 address instead of the 192 address.  I am not sure if my devices is max out and not sure why I have two different IP.  I have search the internet about this kind of info but, not having much luck to get the proper information I needed.

any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The T3200 can connect more devices than you will ever have in a house. A 169 address means the connection failed. Go into wireless settings on your phone, find your network and when you can see the settings / IP address click Forget at the top. Once forgotten, reconnect with your wireless password and see what happens.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The T3200 can connect more devices than you will ever have in a house. A 169 address means the connection failed. Go into wireless settings on your phone, find your network and when you can see the settings / IP address click Forget at the top. Once forgotten, reconnect with your wireless password and see what happens.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂