Something is seriously wrong with the telus usage meter. I ticket has been submitted by technical support but is anyone else having absurdly high internet usage claims?
To give you context from april-sept the average usage was 378GB and not once did it go over 500gb. Telus 150 on Fiber
My billing cycle started Oct 15 and today I checked usage. 1.5TB! in Just 8 days. On saturday it was at 8GB used. Last month it stated 1.34TB used, which I was able to obtain a credit for the $45 telus overage charge.
Now since saturday I began using a traffic meter on my R7000 router. It states 8110mb used. I also changed my wifi passwords at that time.
I contacted Telus tech and they opened a ticket to have the issue corrected. The tech support rep agreed it was not normal to have that much usage in just under a week.
Just posting as a FYI for others out there.
A number of users in the past have reported similar issues, so you are not alone. A search returns a number of past posts on the topic, and a few solutions.