cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAILS SHOW AS SENT IN SENT BOX BUT NO ONE HAS RECEIVED THEM

LizzyB
Just Moved In

I sent a number of emails over the weekend (April 20-22) from my hotel room using my telus account.  They show as sent in my sent box on my computer (i use outlook), on webmail and on my phone but when I checked with the recipients, no one received them.  They did receive emails I sent from my phone.  Emails sending again normally now that I'm home.

It's a bit disturbing as there's no way to know that the emails did not reach their recipients other than waiting 2 days and wondering why no one has replied to any of them.  Any idea why the emails would show as sent on all my devices but not actually get sent?  Is this a telus server issue or a possible security issue?

Appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There was an issue over the weekend tied to spam emails coming from outside Telus network being delivered as Telus email. Since the only emails you indicate were not received were those sent through the hotels network, I wonder if those got caught in the corrective action Telus had to apply, or blocks applied by other email suppliers and ISP?

If you had not found them in your webmail, I’d suggest looking elsewhere.  Others may have suggestions as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There was an issue over the weekend tied to spam emails coming from outside Telus network being delivered as Telus email. Since the only emails you indicate were not received were those sent through the hotels network, I wonder if those got caught in the corrective action Telus had to apply, or blocks applied by other email suppliers and ISP?

If you had not found them in your webmail, I’d suggest looking elsewhere.  Others may have suggestions as well.

NFtoBC

thanks.  being caught as spam in the telus system because of the hotel network makes sense as i can see the sent emails on webmail and on my phone so i know they've hit the telus server.  A lot of times, i can't even send from hotels but the emails in that case sit in the outbox and don't show as sent.

appreciate the feedback.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Easiest to use Webmail in those situations. You know you are connected to a mail server, and messages won’t wait.
NFtoBC

I've been having the same issue for a while now. I thought it was resolved after speaking to Telus about this a few weeks ago. Though the problem persists. The strange thing is I did test emails with one of the recipients, who was not getting my emails, on the one email that I know they didn't get. While testing they only received some of my emails. Not that one email, even after doing a reply all, forward, coping the body of the email into another new email. Nothing worked. That email would not go through? A fresh new blank email...goes through. This is getting seriously frustrating. And I'm on the verge of leaving Telus...this may be the final nail, if it cant be resolved soon! So, if anyone has any suggestions. Please let me know. Thanks! 

So you're going to "leave Telus" based upon the premise that you can't send email from other places?

Telus has quite a few million customers and as you might have noticed, this is not a common complaint.

Therefore, you might want to make sure you have everything set up 

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/topic/internet#/email-and-webmail/email-setup-and-sign-in

Since you would have to change your email address then, why not just go to a provider agnostic email now?  Outook.com or gmail or something like that.