cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a second TV

RC66
Just Moved In

Our home is wired with coax cable that presently connects our Bell satelite HDPVR to our secondary TVs. Our primary TV is connected by an HDMI cable to the HDPVR. Our secondary TVs share the second feed and are not HD.

We're wanting to change over to Telus Optic TV. We plan on getting an HDPVR for our primary TV plus the necessary equipment to feed a single secondary TV. The problem we're facing is that the second TV is wall mounted in our kitchen with hidden power and coax connections behind. The TV mounting is on a swivel. There is no horizontal shelf or surface on which to support any equipment connected to the tv which was descibed to me by a Telus tech as a wireless cable box that must be hardwired to the TV, plus what was described by the Telus tech, as another smaller box the size of a deck of cards, plus a power bar. 

This presents a major stumbling block for us. Any suggestions?

One idea I have had is to run what I hope would be a single wire, presumably from the cable box, around our baseboards from an adjacent room, and mount the cable box itself and the other equipment under a cabinet in the adjacent room. The cable box would have line of sight to the remote in the kitchen. If this is doable, whatsw the maximum length of cable connecting the TV to the cable box?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at options for infra-red extenders. These would allow you to mount the set top box behind the TV, and still work with the remote.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have a look at options for infra-red extenders. These would allow you to mount the set top box behind the TV, and still work with the remote.

NFtoBC

RC66
Just Moved In

Is the connection from the cable box to the TV an HDMI cable?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RC66 wrote:

Is the connection from the cable box to the TV an HDMI cable?

Yes, it is.

NFtoBC