cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change modem IP address

randylee
Just Moved In

I currently have the telus fibre 150 set up, with a T3200m router and a nokia modem(?). I have tried releasing and renewing the IP address through 192.168.1.254, as well as leaving my modem (the nokia one?) off over night. Telus customer services also recommended I preform a factory reset on my router, but its the modem that needs to be reset if I'm not mistaken. My question is basically:

1. How can I change my IP address efficiently?

2. Can I release the IP address without renewing, allowing for some time to pass before renewing?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
  1. You can’t easily change the IP address assigned by Telus. It is most likely you will be assigned the same IP address unless you can wait a considerable time.
  2. Release, and unplug your Actiontec device. Wait past your usual auto-renew period, and you will likely see a new IP address. Your downtime may be a day or more.
  3. A static IP address should be able to be assigned through the Nokia interface. Just set it below the DHCP settings of the Actiontec (.65).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
  1. You can’t easily change the IP address assigned by Telus. It is most likely you will be assigned the same IP address unless you can wait a considerable time.
  2. Release, and unplug your Actiontec device. Wait past your usual auto-renew period, and you will likely see a new IP address. Your downtime may be a day or more.
  3. A static IP address should be able to be assigned through the Nokia interface. Just set it below the DHCP settings of the Actiontec (.65).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"