cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Telus include new home promotion in the existing contract at the time of moving?

simon_50BC
Friendly Neighbour

I will be moving to new home in spring and part of the incentives offered to purchase the new place, by the developer, there is a Telus Welcome Home Kit that Includes: - Free installation, One year free rental of Telus HD Digital PVR , One year free Optik TV and One year free high speed Internet with WiFi.

In my existing place, I have pretty much the same services with Telus and by the time I move into my new place, I will have about 9 months left on my current Telus contract (with 15 dollars penalty per remaining contract months for early contract termination  = so it comes to about $135 penalty for early cancellation). 

My question is: do I need to cancel my service (and pay the early cancellation fee) in my current place and then sign back with new Telus account and take benefit of the promotion offered at my new place, OR does Telus have a way to include the one year free service promotion offered into my existing account/service when I move to my new place?

Has anyone had a similar experience in the past?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

In most instances, cancellation fees are due to you having received some particular consideration: a TV, Gift Card or something else beyond a simple reduction in fees. The promotion your builder is offering is in part to compensate you for having to cancel your current service to move to the new. I expect you choice might be to move your current services to the new location, or accept the builder's offer, but not both. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

In most instances, cancellation fees are due to you having received some particular consideration: a TV, Gift Card or something else beyond a simple reduction in fees. The promotion your builder is offering is in part to compensate you for having to cancel your current service to move to the new. I expect you choice might be to move your current services to the new location, or accept the builder's offer, but not both. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

simon_50BC
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for your reply. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The one other thing to check is the package the builder offers, is it just the essentials? When I moved in to my place the free year was only for the essential channels and any others I wanted I had to still pay for. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I believe it is for essentials only but I will check with the developer (good point). Thanks for your reply.