cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has the Actiontec WCB6200Q yet?

SCo
Ambassador

Any idea if Telus is providing WCB6200Q extender to work with T3200M modem?  I am thinking this will be ideal for my condition, given that I do not have pre-wired Cat 5e at my residence (3 floors).  The idea is to use MoCA as the internet backbone. Thinking of switching to Telus FTTH (available in my neighborhood) if these two equipment can be provided as part of the package.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SCo wrote:

Since you purchased a pair of ECB6200 MoCA ethernet to cable adapter, would it be possible to use the adapters in this manner:

1. connect one adapter to the optical network terminal (ONT), one end on the ethernet port, the other end to the cable jack.

2. at the most central location of the home, install the T3200M router (thus providing wired and wireless AC), and connect the second MoCA adapter with one end on the cable jack, and the other end to the router WAN port.

Just curious....

It might be possible unless for some reason the T3200M has to be plugged directly to ONT. Are you getting TV as well? Also will your ONT be installed same location where your coax comes into house? If you only need that one "central location" coax active you could try bypass existing splitter for that "central location" line use a coax coupler to plug directly into ECB6200 otherwise you would need a MoCA 2.0 compliant splitter...my ECB6200 kit came with a two-way Starburst 5-1675Mhz 6kV but there are 3 and 4-way splitters I think Holland is pretty good quality as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

canucks4life
Leader

Not sure on the WCB6200Q availability...I have their WEB6000Q on bonded Internet 50 (FTTH not available) pulled TV a few months ago and contacted Telus yesterday about possibly doing an equipment exchange for T3200M which has a bonded MoCA 2.0 port and dual band WiFi and is supposedly for "NEW" clients only to my surprise was successful no extra fees. My setup is somewhat similar our building developers were too cheap to run eth plus all the connections (phone/cable) come into foyer entrance closet was using HPNA prior which worked pretty decent for Internet connection however network transfers were limited 100Mbps max. I recently purchased my own pair of Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA 2.0 adapters with the intent of upgrading my wired coax network from HPNA-->MoCA 2.0 in two specific locations living room/master bedroom. I heard if you're getting TV service hooked up as well technicians have been including MoCA adapters depending on the setup.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/internet/new/wi-fi-plus

Thanks canucks4life for your reply.  Please update us on your experience of installing and using the ECB6200 you purchased, and how it works with the T3200M modem.  I've got word from Telus rep that they will include T3200M and Wi-Fi Plus for my install in Oct, but just not sure which extender they will include.  

Will do...technician booked Oct 4th. BTW in case you need it here is the T3200M spec sheet.

T3200M.jpg

Since you purchased a pair of ECB6200 MoCA ethernet to cable adapter, would it be possible to use the adapters in this manner:

1. connect one adapter to the optical network terminal (ONT), one end on the ethernet port, the other end to the cable jack.

2. at the most central location of the home, install the T3200M router (thus providing wired and wireless AC), and connect the second MoCA adapter with one end on the cable jack, and the other end to the router WAN port.

Just curious....

@SCo wrote:

Just curious....

It might be possible unless for some reason the T3200M has to be plugged directly to ONT. Are you getting TV as well? Also will your ONT be installed same location where your coax comes into house? If you only need that one "central location" coax active you could try bypass existing splitter for that "central location" line use a coax coupler to plug directly into ECB6200 otherwise you would need a MoCA 2.0 compliant splitter...my ECB6200 kit came with a two-way Starburst 5-1675Mhz 6kV but there are 3 and 4-way splitters I think Holland is pretty good quality as well.

No TV, I am just going for internet 150/150.  Having the Telus ONT at where Shaw cable comes in (garage) is my plan. If MoCA adapter at ONT feeds (via existing coax cable) the MoCA adapter at T3200M works, then it would be simple.  I have to find out where my cable splitters are located.  No clue yet at this time because I am the second owner of the house, and most things are hidden. 

Just had the technician finish up equipment swap...pretty solid thus far...he even gave me another 6200 MoCA adapter Smiley Happy

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5687277806

20161004_120522.jpg

Congratulations.  I imagine you have the router MoCA connected to the WCB3000 at another location, right?

Any chance you can test if the USB-3 port works?  I would like to use it for my home network storage because the NAS is slower. 

@SCo wrote:

Congratulations.  I imagine you have the router MoCA connected to the WCB3000 at another location, right?

Any chance you can test if the USB-3 port works?  I would like to use it for my home network storage because the NAS is slower. 

T3200M is installed in my condo's foyer entrance closet then MoCA coax port splits two way's to the 6200 adapters (Livingroom & Master Bedroom).

My NAS drive works well with it was able to access it no problem in both locations Livingroom with Bluray media system and PC in Master Bedroom.

I just tried plugging in a USB key with some movies on it and T3200M does recognize as a storage service under routers advanced config page but can't seem to find it via PC (Master Bedroom) or Bluray (Livingroom). There is another option for Samba configuration might just need to have proper network settings?

***UPDATE*** USB 3.0 port is fully active just had to enable DLNA under Advanced setup, modem utilities...thumbs up for Telus not using crippled Firmware *cough* Shaw Man LOL

Thank for the update.  I am hoping that the USB-3 hard drive with DLNA option ON will have better performance than NAS.

@SCo wrote:

Thank for the update.  I am hoping that the USB-3 hard drive with DLNA option ON will have better performance than NAS.

Yeah looks like I now could be in the market for an external USB-3 HD...my current NAS is ancient and barely works takes forever to boot and has corrupted firmware Robot Indifferent

BTW just found the T3200M product manual as well no thanks to support pages perhaps a moderator can pass it on?

http://www.actiontec.com/products/manuals/T3200M_UserManual.pdf