Hi there, first off please know that I have been a long term Telus Business customer. 15+ years. I have the following services from Telus:
1) Business Anywhere account with 5 Cell phones and a 1mbit up / 15mbit down connection. I live right on the "edge" of DSL availability. Account is located in a residence. - Service (with slow internet taken in account) has been amazing until this fall. DSL line becomes un-synced and automatically syncs back up dropping all connections. Only other issue is when we go to Manitoba our cells have been unable to make calls until this recent trip. Its also crazy I have to use work time to call Telus Business Anywhere account services. Account is in my spouses name with me as administrator.
2) Residential Optik TV with Internet - 1mbit up / 15mbit down connection. Telus Essentials, 1 theme, unlimited internet. Account is in my name. Same address.
I would like to point out the following service consistency problems I have encountered:
1) I can't call on weekends.
2) No business anywhere internet account management - unlike the residential side.
3) Inconsistent Service from phone reps on policy. I called in to have a phone unlocked that had long been off contract. I did this because even though the Telus maps of Manitoba said I was going to have reception I thought we better be ready to put in an MTS SIM. Rep was awesome and waived the charge because the phone had been off contract for so long. Sure enough we arrive and most of the phones we have don't work - except for unlock with MTS SIM. I call Telus Business and request another unlock code for an off contract phone. I explain I need it because the coverage is not what it says on the map - I'm not switching providers. Rep will only agree to send me unlock code for 35$ and that they never waive to cost - I must be mistaken.
4) Business DSL Sync (sometimes daily) issues since Fall 2015 - many service calls with me taking time off work - 4 times or more. Taps, wet lines, degrading copper in my area, replaced modem have all been discussed and done. Service still has issues - with no one ever offering any compensation. No one knows when fiber is coming to fix degrading copper. I could put up with issues if I could see an endgame with the arrival of fiber. Add the fact that lots of people have 3 /25 for the same price. Optik Res DSL has been solid.
5) Phone Reps unhelpful / somewhat rude - I called in to get the unlock charge reversed after holidays and cancel my LD on my office phone line. Got dropped twice after talking to reps for a couple minutes. Reps never called back like they used too. Also seemed very under trained compared to what I was used to from Business side. Almost like residential side first line. 3rd call I go through the whole thing again and I'm told that I cannot make changes to this account - I'm not an administrator. By this time I laugh and say this has happened (like 4 times before!!) before and to check the notes. She stands firm that my spouse must call in (AGAIN) to add me. My spouse works same hours as your Business Anywhere hours and its a real chore to call in and she's non technical. Its was I was added as admin. I explained this to phone rep. The response was "She will have to make time". Telling this to someone with half broken DSL for months and have days taken off work to meet service people....did not sit well. I told her I would be cancelling - she said let me transfer you to residential to transfer your phones. Haha. This is night and day to 12 months ago where sales told you to call with any issues / unhappiness.
So can someone reach out to me please that is at a SR level. You have lost the business account as soon as I can get connected to you - if you would like to salvage the rest please be ready to help with the following.
1) Someone somewhere knows the approximate date Fiber will be in my area. If I can see a fix to the end of my dsl issues. You can change my mind.
2) Someone with knowledge of moving cell from business to res. (if competitive) - Not just transferring me around and getting dropped.
3) Help me with my changes such as unlock code fee.
I'm sad that I had to write this as I have enjoyed being a customer all these years. I like the work the company does community wise. I like the **bleep** animals on the brand!! I will probably keep my Residential internet TV past contract but will be looking towards the current deals offered by SHAW for far better connectivity and value! Being a technical user it makes sense to have multiple providers anyway.
I'll be checking my private messages and email.
Solved! Go to Solution.