cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On hold listening to "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!" over an over again.

dlacykat
Neighbour

On hold for over an hour listening to the same recording of the first 40 seconds of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!" The lady kept coming on to tell me not to hang up and then played the same 40 seconds of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!" So like 60 times I heard "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!" Then a Telus worker said I should have hanged up and called back after 5 to 10 minutes. Kinda a comedy act since I don't think I have ever called Telus without waiting 40 minutes on hold.

I on average spend 90 minutes per month with Telus. Once I spent 19 hours on the phone with Telus. Let me tell you when the hold program repeats "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire!" over and over again one gets a little nuts by the time a human comes on the phone.

Why does Telus not have enough technical support or workers to service their customers???

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

19 hours? I find that claim absurd. I've called Telus during high call volumes during peak times (7pm-11pm) and never once waited that long. I don't think I've ever waited on hold for more than 30-40 minutes. In the 4 years I've had Telus' service I don't think I've spent more than maybe 3 hours on the phone with them. That includes my time talking to Sales as well as support.

So you called Technical Support at 2am and had to wait an hour? I find that very unusual. Unless there was some massive service outage that caused a huge number of people to call in at once, then maybe, but an outage that size would likely have made the news like when the construction crew cut a fiber line in Vancouver knocking out a huge area a few years ago.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂