cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Video Doorbell to work

Trebborjay
Just Moved In

I upgraded my Telus Security in October last year.  Part of that upgrade included a video doorbell.  When it was installed, the technician said that he couldn't get the video to show up on the panel when the doorbell was pushed probably because of insufficient wifi signal.  We then departed for a couple of months of vacation and tried to get this issue resolved in January.  A technician from ADT/Telus came out and said the problem was likely the wifi signal but he could do nothing.  Have to contact Telus Internet Services.  Tried to do that many times but hung up after hours on hold waiting for an agent.  Tried to cancel my security service but was told that the penalties would be severe.  I moved a booster close to the location of the video doorbell which now showed four lines of connectivity.  Contacted Telus Security and after a long wait, chatted with an agent who agreed the signal was adequate but possibly the transformer for the original doorbell was inadequate.  I told her I would upgrade that to what she said was required but had a delay in getting the right transformer.  She phoned back as scheduled but I told her that I wouldn't have the new transformer for a couple of days.  She said she would phone back on the Tuesday at 3 pm.  Never called.  So now I still have a video camera that will not connect to the panel or phone to show who's at the front door.  When the doorbell rings and I answer either on the phone or panel, it just sits there trying to make a connection before timing out.  Once in a blue moon it will connect after about 7 seconds but not regularly.  The main reason for upgrading our service was for my spouse not to have to travel to the front door to see who rang the bell.  That feature has never worked since October.  I sent a note to ADT security from their website but have had no response.  I contacted my salesperson who said he would always be there to help, but he says to contact Telus.  He gave me a retention phone number which does not work.  I'm tired of the run around from Telus and ADT using their online services.  Nothing ever gets resolved but yet every month they deduct the cost of the service from my account.  I am not getting the service I paid for but nobody at Telus seems to care.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.

Trebborjay
Just Moved In

So here we are 4 weeks later and nothing has changed.  I had a call from Mario twice saying he would resolve the problem.  First thing he did was send out the same technician who couldn't solve the problem previously.  He was supposed to bring a video doorbell with him to make sure that the existing one wasn't the problem.  He didn't.  He claims that last time he was at our place, he proved that the existing doorbell worked by hooking it up beside the wifi router.  True, it worked then, but if it was moved, it stopped working.  As I previously mentioned, I've upgraded all the wifi equipment in the house and the wifi signal reaches out to my garage which is about 30 feet past the doorbell.  The  doorbell camera works flawlessly when I use the app to view what it sees.  But when someone pushes the doorbell, the signal times out rather than showing me who's at the door.  I can't believe that it would work in one instance but not in the other.  This is not a wifi issue.  

So Mario called back over a week ago and said he would find a senior tech who would come out to resolve the problem.  Haven't heard a word since.  I've stopped payment on my service with ADT because the service I signed up for and paid for since October, has not been provided.  I cannot believe how much time I've spent on this problem.  I would love to have the whole system removed so that I can go to an alternate suppler who might actually be interested in my business.  Shame on you ADT/Telus.  Get your act together and provide some service.  And no, waiting on the phone for two hours is not service either.

I'll send another private message, look out for it.