cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Smart Home WiFi: Two questions

airwick604
Neighbour

Hello,

1. When using the app, all the sensors are listed. However one of the motion detectors shows the status as "IDLE". The other one is "ACTIVATED". What does IDLE mean? Is there no WiFi connection? The sensor is installed on the third floor and the T3200M is on the main floor

2. I'm considering upgrading the entire WiFi network with a mesh system. How to I change all the devices and sensors to use the new W-Fi network? I will be disabling the built in WiFi on the T3200M

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there!

To answer your questions:

1. Activated means that the motion detector was tripped recently while idle means no motion has been detected.
  2. Generally, only the cameras should need to be updated and ideally that would be done before the old network is shutdown.  You can find some guides at Telus.com/support under the troubleshooting section (here) to help you! The secondary panel(s) and main panel should also be reconnected, and this should is easy enough to do from the panel directly in the Wi-fi menu.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MelH
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there!

To answer your questions:

1. Activated means that the motion detector was tripped recently while idle means no motion has been detected.
  2. Generally, only the cameras should need to be updated and ideally that would be done before the old network is shutdown.  You can find some guides at Telus.com/support under the troubleshooting section (here) to help you! The secondary panel(s) and main panel should also be reconnected, and this should is easy enough to do from the panel directly in the Wi-fi menu.

Hope this helps!