cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartHome - Additional Sensors

d3zman
Neighbour

Hi,

I recently got the SmartHome Secure + Video which I'm supposed to get a starter kit and a camera of my choice.  However, because I had a DSC alarm already installed previously with wireless sensors, the installer simply reused my existing door sensors and motion sensor.  When I asked whether I should still get the starter kit (w/ 2 door/window sensors & 1 motion sensor) to use elsewhere in my home, he said that my account can only accommodate a maximum of 2 door/window sensors and 1 motion sensor (which are my own existing sensors).  Is this correct?  I wouldn't mind using the starter kit for other areas of my home.

Also, is there a limit to the number of sensors I can have on my account?

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Just following up on this. Did the technician leave the new TELUS equipment in your home upon install? You should be able to use existing equipment as well but of course there are limits to the amount of sensors/cameras you can have in the network. For the Smart Automation Plus plans, the max number of cameras supported is 4 so you may indeed be near your limit. You can always reach out to our SmartHome team directly so they can look into your connection and investigate how much more you could load into your network.

The technician didn't leave the new Telus equipment.  He basically told me that since we're already reusing 2  existing door/window sensors and 1 motion sensor, that my plan wouldn't let me add anything more so he wouldn't give me the stuff included in the starter kit.  However, after calling into the SmartHome team, they've told me that I should still get the equipment and they would need to contact the technician to confirm it.  I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Gotcha. How long ago was this? Just wondering if perhaps the tech hasn't yet had the time to reach out.

This was only late last week (i.e. Thursday or Friday).  I'll wait a few more day before following up on this.

Sounds good!