cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skybell camera unable to stream

Jojo43
Just Moved In

Every time i try to start video, i get a message "There was a problem connecting to the doorbell. Please try again"

I've tried to restart my router. I've also tried to reset my doorbell camera. I still get the message.

The Camera works because whenever someone rings the door, or if the camera is activated by motion, if i wait long enough, I can view recorded videos of whoever is at the door.

BTW, how do we get in touch with support? Curious what is the best way to contact support.

From my app, i've tried email [email protected] and never got a response. I was also transferred to support and nobody picked up as well.

6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

First, it seems you have done all the correct first step troubleshooting by restarting everything. This definitely needs intervention from our SmartHome team (up to and including the possibility of dispatching someone to replace your camera). You can reach them at their direct number: 1-855-255-8828.

Froozle
Friendly Neighbour

Having the exact same problem. Powercycled entire system, the factory reset everything. The camera is definately connected to the wifi (as per admin in 198.xxxx.xx). It won't however connect to my phone. It used to. I even deleted/ reinstalled the camera. Twice. I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the camera through the app?

I only have the telus app. Never tried installing an app for the doorbell camera. Will have to check that out.

El-Eric

Hey @Jojo43 you can contact our technical support team at 1-855-255-8828.

I also would check if there is a firmware update but please contact our technical support team so we can look into the issue

According to Skybell website, they suggested I uninstall the app (Android) and reinstall it. That worked. Also made sure it had proper permissions. All good now! Hope that helps others with the same issue.