cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from ADT by Telus to Smarthome by Telus

Studio_driver
Just Moved In

On January 6th I migrated from ADT by Telus (actually an Alarmforce legacy system with a defective touch panel) to Smarthome by Telus. I had required that Telus make the necessary changes to the account when I ordered the equipment.  I also contacted Technical Support prior to removing the old equipment to avoid any issue and be able to install the new system. Installation went rather smoothly except for an email notification that the (old) control panel had been tampered and was (obviously) not responding. I was told to ignore the message.

However, every day since that day, I keep receiving the same email notification of the panel not responding. I contacted Technical Support multiple times for the issue. I may have spent 7 hours on phone. hold or chat and was told twice it was all resolved, but guess what? The message came back again.

I don't blame the technicians as it looks like they just have training for basic issues and are unable to escalate the issue. It looks like someone at Telus has disabled access to the old system (neither I or the techs can see it) to remove it from the system or at least stop notifications. I also do not want to block the sender from my email as I would no longer receive notifications from the new system.

Has anyone experienced something similar in transitioning (and hopefully found a fix)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After more persistent phone calls, the issue was finally fixed by the back end technicians. No more annoying email notifications.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MelH
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey there, I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issue you've been experiencing.  I'll be more than happy to have someone from tech support contact you back directly to help you, and I just sent you a private message with further instructions on how we can make this happen.  Thank you for your patience! 

After more persistent phone calls, the issue was finally fixed by the back end technicians. No more annoying email notifications.

Thank you for following up, glad to hear that the issue is resolved!