cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geo Fence Problem

RobD_746
Connector

I’ve had Telus SmartHome for a few weeks now, and I just cannot get the Geo Fence feature to work properly. I want a notification when motion is detected and I’m not home. So, I’ve set up a notification and selected the geo fence option (I selected my geo device which is my phone, and I selected my geo fence). This does not work. I get motion notifications whether I’m home or not.

(Oddly enough, my geo fence does seem to be working for my exterior Video Camera. I want notifications (and video recording) only when I’m away, and I have that set up and it seems to be working fine. So it is only my Doorbell that has the problem).

I’ve contacted Support several times and, while they are helpful, my confidence in the SmartHome service is a little shaky. (Unfortunately I missed the end of the 30 day trial period—I would like to cancel but it’s too late for that).

Has anyone had a similar problem and we’re you able to resolve it? Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the system armed, or are you simply depending on the geofence?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

I don't know what you mean by "arming". I just have the cameras, and the filtering options available are: geofence, and time blocks (i.e. all day or at a specific part of the day). I'm relying on the geofence.

Thank you for your reply. Is there anything else I can do to try to resolve this problem?